Wednesday, February 13, 2008

you say love, I say performance art*

I became a member of PS 122 at the Stage Manager level today. I initially went over to their website to buy 2 tickets to this but since those tickets were $20 each and the lowest membership was just $60 which would give me two free tickets and a year subscription to Time Out New York and discounts on other upcoming shows I figured I should just join. Of course, I actually ended up joining at the next highest level so that I could get the member discount on two tickets per show (instead of just 1) and because I like PS 122 even though I've only been to one performance there with my dad, which we thought was terrible and had us both making snarky comments throughout (that's partly where I get it). So I guess what I really mean is that I like the idea of PS 122, so I might as well support them. Plus, I'm hoping that by joining I'll go to more stuff, so as to get the full benefit of my membership. So if you want to go to something there and don't want to pay their outrageous ticket prices ($20 for a ticket?! Unbelievable! I could see 1/17th of a Broadway show for that!) let me know and we can go together with my discount. Woot.

By the by, I bought the tickets as a Valentine's Day surprise for Parfait. Originally I told him the surprise was going to be more funny-awkward than exciting (I almost scored some free tickets to Legally Blonde) but since that fell through I guess I'll just have to settle for disturbing. Dark puppetry screams Valentine's doesn't it? And the performance is in March. Surprise!

And why the fuck hasn't spellcheck worked on blogger for like, a week?

*Please don't misinterpret this. I am not in love. Besides, you're the one saying it.

No comments: