Monday, June 02, 2008

but I would notice

I just received a reply to an email I sent out about a Pilates job posting. Unfortunately the studio owner couldn't open my resume attachment. This didn't particularly surprise me since I sent it as a PDF file and for some reason, a lot of people still don't know what those are. But here's where I got stupid. The first email I sent her was from my bodywork associated email address, which she replied to. The second email I sent her with the Word version of my resume was accidentally sent from my personal email address. Then after perusing my resume ('cause it's a totally a good idea to proofread after sending the file) I noticed that since I had updated an older version the email listed on it was a third address that doesn't even exist anymore. I really didn't need another reason to feel anxious about this.

But I can feel a little better with the knowledge that not all Pilates instructors have perfect language and/or organizational skills. This morning the owner of another studio I work at said 'irregardless.'

1 comment:

laurenj said...

I think you're okay. But job searching is a horribly confusing time and tends to shake one's ego. It's good to be a little paranoid, just to keep you on your game, but you have to believe that someone looking at your resume isn't looking for a reason NOT to hire you, they're looking for the good things. Of which you have many.