Friday, June 01, 2007

an achievement?

When I arrived at work yesterday I had a lovely sense of satisfaction over my many accomplishments already finished that morning. What were those grand accomplishments? Waking up early, riding the subway from the south end of Brooklyn to the north end of Manhattan, showering, then riding back to midtown and only arriving to work 15 minutes late. So my accomplishments basically consisted of basic hygiene, sitting on my ass and arriving to work late. If I can keep up this awesome potential I'll be curing cancer in no time.

Did I tell you I went on a "date" the other day? I know, can you believe it? Maybe I won't be alone forever. To recount the entire "date" would be annoying so I'll just tell you this: it began with a train ride and ended with me washing his shorts. Let that titillate your imagination, you'll probably come up with something better than what really happened. Of course, we all know the real ending is my remaining alone but whatever. It kind of blows that when I finally get up the nerve to ask someone out it has to be someone who's soon to be unavailable (he's from Montreal and going back soon). Am I turning into my mother? He is originally from Normandy and speaks French so maybe I am. (See francophile blog, that's ma mere.)

No comments: