Wednesday, April 15, 2009

not quite grammar but

I've been continuing my thoughts on the body lately, specifically my body and specifically symmetry in the body. In an attempt to sort out possible lopsidedness caused by habits I've started doing things with my left hand, my non-dominant hand.  Things like opening my bag, getting my keys and unlocking my door, zipping my jeans or stirring food and also...taking care of personal hygiene. I've started wiping with my left hand.  One of my instructors even talked about this the other day. If you spend your whole like twisting and bending to one side of your body that certainly going to cause an imbalance even if you're not immediately aware of it. So I've tried to switch things up.  Have you tried this before? It's hard! I've taken to taking one last swipe with my right hand just to make sure because if I learned one thing in school it's the importance of double-checking your work.

1 comment:

laurenj said...

Thank you for this bit of inspiration.