Friday, July 06, 2007

that's what the sun does

A few weeks ago the head of my department invited her staff out to her house for a little get together. She apparently does this every year and yet so far no one's been able to go. Well, not this year. I asked around to see who could come and at first the turnout looked good. Five of us peons plus my immediate boss and her husband. By the time last Sunday rolled around though two people dropped out. So three of us jumped on the bus Sunday morning at 10AM (did I mention she lives in New Jersey?) prepared for we didn't know what. It turns out my boss boss has a lovely house, a pretty great yard and a very nice pool...that only I went swimming in. No one else even brought a bathing suit; but I wasn't to be deterred. I stayed in that pool for as long as possible. I had two Bloody Marys, two margaritas and 4 cigarettes, some while still in the pool. I haven't smoked for quite a while but it just seemed right to smoke while all cool sunglassed up while hanging on the side of the pool.

We were there for about 6 hours. A pleasant retreat from New York, I don't think I heard a car honk once. We were pretty tuckered out (or at least I was) on the bus ride home but none of worse for it. HL graciously let me use his shoulder.

Awwww.

Yesterday on our lunch break, HL and I made up a new game called Spitty Splashy. It's played with, duh, two people. Splashy needs a cup of cold water, Spitty is empty handed. The rules are as follows:

Splashy: dip your fingers in the water and flick it as your opponent
Spitty: quickly lick your fingers and slap your opponent's arm

The object of the game is to win. Actually, the real object is to annoy the hell out of each other. It's pretty fun. Guess which player I was.

1 comment:

laurenj said...

You were Spitty!!!!! You were Spitty!!!!! Final answer!!!