Tuesday, July 31, 2007

I'll be there


I think I finally understand the madness of those Hairy Pauter fans. I can't wait for this movie to come out. I love this book and indeed the whole His Dark Materials trilogy. I'm not sure if the movie can compete with my imagination but I'm willing to give it a try. I'm still willing even after watching the trailer, which was lackluster. I don't care; I'll be lining up to see the first viewing. I mean, maybe. But not if the line is like, really long. But still, I am excited.

I was at B&N the other day and wanted to buy The Golden Compass because the only other book I had in my bag was this one (don't ask) and lord, that wasn't gettin' me through my subway ride. Unfortunately the store only had copies of the next two books...but they also had the trilogy conveniently bound in one book. What to do? I actually already own the 2nd and 3rd books so I didnt' really need a full volume but wouldn't it be handy to have them all together and if I bought it then I could just let my other copies stay in circulation in Book Club and I could keep this one all for my greedy self and I know I'd have to use my credit card because I don't have any money but that's what credit cards are for right or should I spend that money on some other books that I don't already own? What a dilemma. I didn't buy it. But I did, a few hours later, take an unnecessarily long train ride to go to a different book store where I was either going to buy The Golden Compass or, if they didn't have it, give myself permission to buy the full volume. They (unfortunately) did have the single book but now I'm almost done and I don't have the other two, they're loaned out! Now what will I do? Read something new? Never!

No comments: