Saturday, March 15, 2008

my turn

Okay, I've been resisting doing this since I've fared so poorly at guessing everyone else's quotes but I'm bored at work and I don't feel like reading or knitting. tarak tagged me for this whole 15 quotes from your favorite movies, well, turns out my favorite movies don't have very good quotes listed on imdb.com. Also, a lot of my favorite movies are foreign and I don't trust whatever translation imdb was using. Or something like this kept happening:

You're staying home, the sun is shining, but it's raining.

Anyone? It's from Akira Kurosawa's Dreams. I love that movie but there's not a lot of talking. So I finally gave up on my favorite movies and decided to only concentrate on my favorite children's movies, even though they're not just for kids, 'cause I still love them today. So that's your clue. And I've only listed 10, this was starting to get tiring.

1. What? Never had gemstones in your craw?

2. Nothing? NOTHING? Nothing, tra la la?

3. Well, it's kind of hard to describe. It's like being next to a new loaf of bread.

4. Oh yes mustard! That'll do... Mustard?! Don't let's be silly.

5. Mouldy mildew, mother of mouthmuck, dangle and strangle and death.

6. Attacked by Christmas toys? That's strange, that's the second toy complaint we've had.

7. You who swallowed a falling star, o' heartless man, your heart shall soon be mine.

8. He has to give me a new name. He's already chosen it. He just has to call it out.

9. Lady H******, was it you who screamed 'AIEEE!?'

And finally, because I was running out of children's movies I threw in a sci-fi.

10. The spice must flow.

3 comments:

tarak said...

2. Labrynth
6. the Nightmare Before Christmas
8. Never Ending Story
10. Dune

Anonymous said...

4. Alice in Wonderland
9. The Great Muppet Caper

Anonymous said...

1. Flight of Dragons
2. Labyrinth
3. WHY DON'T I KNOW WHAT THIS IS?
4. Alice in Wonderland
5. The Dark Crystal
6. Nightmare Before Christmas
7. Howl's Moving Castle
8. Neverending Story
9. The Great Muppet Caper
10. Dune