Tuesday, April 15, 2008

delayed

I went to Seattle a few weeks ago for a fundraiser I in which I was participating. As a bonus I got to visit my family, which was great even though I didn't get to spend nearly as much time with them as I would have liked. Still, it was a free plane ticket so I feel like I can't really complain. So Seattle. Maybe I was seeing everything through vacation eyes but it was pretty wonderful there. Yes, it was a little rainy and damp but you know what, people there were pretty nice. Every server we had, while not necessarily extraordinary, was better than any one I can think of in New York. One server brought us free dessert when we thought there was a strange taste in two of the clams we'd ordered (no, I didn't eat any). And she was really apologetic and concerned about it, sincerely so, seemingly anyway. And the driver for the car service we took back to the airport brought us coffee that he'd purchased before picking us up. That was pretty nice. Unfortunately we didn't want any but still.


I was talking to a friend of mine about this. She looked at me and said, "Are you trying to tell me you're moving back to Seattle?" No, I'm not. I liked/like it there but it's not the city for me right now.

But here's what's making it really hard. Cute sweet Nora (with her dadoo and his fake smile).
I've got baby fever (but only for one baby).


And here's a video I took with my cell phone. If you didn't know before that I'm gay this should clear up any misconceptions. The file on my phone was too big to send so I had to trim it down a bit. I hope you appreciate it because when trimming it I accidentally erased the rest of the video so now I've lost 23 extra seconds of my awesome niece. Why does life do this to me? Give me back my baby!!!

And here's a Seattle (unrated) cupcake. It was okay.

2 comments:

tarak said...

That cupcake was pretty cute, but that baby is cuter!

Isaac said...

Your voice sounds genetically female in that video!