Wednesday, May 21, 2008

maybe probably

I'm all jittery today and I'm not sure what to do to calm down. Actually, that's totally a lie, I know exactly what I should be do. I should write some sort of Pilates resume because...I most likely probably almost positively am going to quick my day job. Yikes. It just feels like it's time. I've been here for nearly 3 years and while it has given me a lot of time to knit I'm really starting to feel the drain on my soul. Of course, last night when I told Parfait he started asking me if I had any sort of action plan for the future after I quit and duh, of course not, I was planning on using quitting to get my ass in action (but not get action for my ass, I've been down that road) and find more Pilates teaching opportunities. I also think the time might have come to lie but I haven't decided yet. I'm still not completely certified yet but seriously it's taking me forever and if I can just start teaching more I'll be certified in no time. So should I just say I'm certified to get a job then make it true after the fact? I don't know, I really don't like lying but I also don't like my current job. What to do, what to do? Thank goodness I have a stripey purple hat I'm working on to clear my mind. That, and this great video my sister sent me. Thanks sis. I've watched this so many times. These girls are great, not just because they're a little bonkers but because their choreography is awesome and they are committed. Enjoy.

4 comments:

mynewshoes said...

1) Quit. Run don't walk.
2) Don't lie. There are major liability issues with that, and I really don't think it's worth it.
3) There's other flexible decent-paying part time/temp type work in the world too that you might want to consider.
4) Sometimes it's easier to have a game plan when you're in a good head space...which quitting might give you. I think game plans are a little overrated anyway, since we can't really truly plan how anything in life will turn out, can we?
5) Toilet Seat Covers.

tarak said...

1) Not to be selfish, but if you leave I'll have nothing to live for.
2) Yeah, please don't lie. You're not very good at it cause you can't hide it on your face.
3) Got nothing for this one.
4) While quitting might give you head space it might not give you the motivation you need to find something else. What ever you do, please be sensible for you.
5) What's up with this new blog format?

laurenj said...

I surprised that neither of the last two posts mentioned the video. Yes, the life-changing and ethical issues of job-quitting/resume-padding are quite big, BUT SO IS THIS VIDEO. Let these girls guide you, IPJ. See with how much abandon they gyrate and bounce? So should you do, my friend. So should you do.

And I do agree with MNS on #1 - not having a job sucks but so does having a job that prevents you from getting a new job.

kansas said...

unfortunately, i think that nothing is ever as clear cut as we want it to be, there is never an easy answer. i am available to discuss, and vent, and give opinions if you want but i also know that sometimes it doesn't help so just let me know. you've got support, much support, don't forget that!