Tuesday, September 16, 2008

indecision

Remember that 1 resume I sent a while ago?  Well, I had an interview for that job (which went okay) and the Pilates coordinator said she would email me with her decision right after Labor Day.  This gym/studio was looking for a few different teachers and a friend of mine applied there too.  Well, my friend received a job offer by email the Wednesday after Labor Day and I waited, and waited, and waited and by the next Monday I still hadn't heard from the coordinator so I figured that was my answer.  Oh well, right?  I figured that that just meant that that wasn't the place for me and I moved on.  Except for last Friday night I received an email from the coordinator offering me a position if I was still interested.  Ah, what to do?!  I had already convinced myself that that wasn't the place for me but now there's the opportunity for me to work there.  Fuck.  I was supposed to go out to Fire Island this weekend and wouldn't have had internet access so I didn't respond right away, pretending (in my head) that I hadn't read the email and would get to it Monday evening (when I would have come back from the island, if I had gone).  I've been going back and forth over this and I finally just sent an email saying I've decided to pursue other teaching options.  At least I made a choice and now I'm done but it was still hard.  Was it the right decision?  I don't know.  How do you ever know if your decision is the best?  I'm not going to go into the pros and cons of my decision; I'm glad it's been made. Now I'll just have to accept the fact that that I can't change it even if I wanted to and move on from there.

No comments: