Thursday, July 23, 2009

attention to details

I just ran (literally) up to Inwood to open a Pilates studio and sub a 10 o'clock class only to discover, after waiting 10 minutes for my seemingly late clients, that the class isn't actually until 11 o'clock. I had to teach a client downtown this morning at 7AM which, in my mind, gave me just enough time to get home, shower, and take off to the Inwood studio. I of course was late getting out the door after my shower but luckily a train was waiting when I went down in the subway. Silly me, to think that a waiting train is a blessing. It kept waiting. And then it waited at the next stop. And then suddenly discontinued service at the next stop, the station right before where I needed to get off. In my semi-haste to leave my apartment I left my phone behind and, having no idea what time it was, ran 15 pavement pounding, chest wrenching blocks to the studio, carrying my bag and my full (of fruit) tiffin. It was awful. Thankfully, I can now sit back and watch some cartoons while I wait for the actual class to begin, which is probably what I would have done at home anyway. And eat my fruit.

No comments: