Monday, July 27, 2009

nursery rhymes

I went to my old job today (because I teach a Pilates mat class there but the class wasn't for a few hours so I went grocery shopping but I bought perishables and I needed a fridge and a bowl in which to eat recently purchased granola) and we started talking about the old 'liar' rhyme for some reason. Erica offered her version of

Liar liar pants on fire
Went to bed on a telephone wire

No one had ever heard of that one before. I used to say 'hang them on a telephone wire' as in, your firey pants but I came up with a new adult version I'll be using from now on

Liar liar pants on fire
Burn to death on a funeral pyre

It has a certain force that I like.

2 comments:

tarak said...

omg, I laughed so hard that I nearly popped my hip out of it's socket.

Goodbye Blue Monday said...

Oh man, I just read that. Love it.

I think i said, "hanging from a telephone wire" but to me that meant that the entire person was hanging from a telephone wire, not just the pants...?