Thursday, August 02, 2007

what?

Every Thursday my job has a "manager's meeting," which I am supposed to attend. And I have been attending...every Thursday...at 11AM...for the past 6 months.

But not today.

I don't know what's wrong with me. I really have no idea what day of the week it is anymore. Nothing divides my days because my entire week is a hodgepodge of work and Pilates. Different days just mean a different schedule of the same routines. This morning I totally sat at my desk playing solitaire while the meeting was happening. At one point I stopped and thought, huh, L & L have been gone a long time, I wonder where they are? On my way to the kitchen to fill up my water bottle I even walked by the conference room where the meeting was being held. I saw everyone in there and still nothing clicked. I figured they were probably having a reporting meeting that didn't concern me. I doubt I would have ever realized my mistake if my boss hadn't mentioned something when I just went to ask her about an unrelated problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once missed a bus because it passed me by while I was waiting at the stop because I forgot I was waiting for the bus...so maybe we can blame our parents...