Wednesday, December 19, 2007

it's natural

Last night during a Pilates session my client, in the middle of and while continuing to perform an exercise, suddenly stated, "You smell like pot."

"Wh-what?" I didn't know how else to respond. I assured her I was not high nor would I ever come to a session stoned. I didn't tell her that I actually hadn't smoked anything for months, I didn't think that would necessarily help my case. She knew that I wasn't high yet nevertheless, still thought I smelled like pot. She asked if I used any sort of special deodorant or toothpaste and I told her that I did use the Crystal. She figured that's what it was. She wasn't smelling pot, she was smelling me. I also didn't tell her that I hadn't even used the Crystal that day and had gotten pretty sweaty earlier in a ballet class. I told her I'd take care of it by our next session. That means it's time to shave my armpits again. I think her idea of the smell of pot is the same as grungy man sweat. So the next time you want a buzz just lick off my sweat, it's a great high. Or so Parfait tells me. Ugh. Did I mention we're back together?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can we talk about the fact that when you were together the first time, you'd never admit it, but now that you're BACK together, you're all into it?