Wednesday, December 05, 2007

unbelievable

I don't believe it. I was happy yesterday. Actually, genuinely, unexpectedly happy! Do you know what that feels like? Neither do I, 'cause it's gone now. But for a brief moment I did have that lovely experience. It came at the end of my Alexander technique lesson. I had been lying on a table for about 25 minutes having my limbs and muscles mysteriously and wonderfully manipulated and when I stood up, I couldn't help but smile. And this was a teeth-showing grin. For no reason other than that I was happy. Then I walked outside in the blistering cold and had some guy yell at me to donate money. That took a bit of it away.

In other news, I'm knitting a new hat and it's made out of bunny fur. It's so soft and lovely and furry. My throat has also been hurting lately. So my question is, am I getting sick or am I allergic to this yarn? I've already been pretty sick once this winter so I don't think it'd be fair to get sick again but I also don't want to have to get rid of my knitting. If it turns out I'm allergic then I just wasted about $45, but if I'm getting sick then I'll have to figure out how to get more sleep, in my new cute hat. Maybe I should stop rubbing it against my face every 10 minutes and stop eating brownie batter for dinner. Though that solution seems too obvious.

And in other other news, in my morning smoothie yesterday I used a lot of frozen strawberries. Then, a few hours later when I farted it smelled like strawberries. Stanky strawberries, but strawberries none the less. I swear. Now I can honestly say that my farts smell better than yours. But they do not bring all the boys to the yard. Or at least not the right kind of boy.

2 comments:

mynewshoes said...

Maybe your throat hurts from you stupid toothy smile.

I mean, I hope you're not getting sick and also that you're not allergic to the yarn. You could just blame it on the change in weather and go gargle with salt water...

laurenj said...

"Maybe I should stop rubbing it against my face every 10 minutes and stop eating brownie batter for dinner."

But that sounds like fun. Why would you stop?