Sunday, October 14, 2007

"supposebly" and "manglers"

I was little late to work today. That's nothing special. I've been arriving late to work pretty consistently lately. But today I actually woke up on time, took a relaxing shower and still had enough time left to fully lotion my entire body. Yeah. But the reason I was late was because I was listening to A Way with Words. I love this show. And if you're interested in language, specifically but not necessarily limited to English, and you're kind of a dorkus mcgorkus, you'll probably love it too. As I was listening I noticed that I kind of needed to leave to go to work but the hosts had just started the quiz part of the show and it was all about adverbs and how could I miss that? So I sat on my bed, fully dressed and ready to leave, and listened until the end of the quiz then ran out my door. I got a little sad that my I*pod has been broken forever and I can't listen to this show on the train anymore. Can I justify buying a new I*pod just so I can listen to past podcasts of a radio show while on the subway? Maybe.

3 comments:

Gillian said...

That is the kind of justification that is truly worthwhile.

...and isn't your BIRTHDAY coming up???

mynewshoes said...

Also, I believe it is pronounced (written) dorkus malorkus, dork.

ipj said...

Well I believe I can make it whatever I want, dorkus majorkus stinko pants. Ooo, burn.