Tuesday, March 13, 2007

in the beginning

I've started a new project.


Here's a closer shot.

Doesn't it look complicated? And annoying? Well, it isn't one of those but is the other. It may not seem like much now but pretty soon it'll be a beautiful, though scratchy, something. And I didn't spend money on new yarn! Hence the scratchiness. I'm using yarn I bought over 11 years ago when I lived in France. That's where I learned how to knit. My first project was a sweater (a little ambitious) and I bought too much yarn by about 7 skeins*. Those skeins have since been living in my various closets. I don't remember the yarn being so scruffy when I bought it but it certainly is now. Maybe I can soften it up somehow.

During lunch today I bought yet another bag of mini eggs. HL at first made fun of my obsession but after eating about 20 he's coming around. They are so good. My little eggies. My little chocolate abortions. Tasty.

*skein: a loosely coiled length of yarn or thread wound on a reel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you creating a picture frame? or a cozie/holder for morning tea on the go? I'm soooo excited! (j/k I know what it is).

Isaac said...

Don't tell people I ate twenty!

Goodbye Blue Monday said...

Now I wish we WERE going on that walk - I want some chocolate abortions god damn it!! But I don't want to buy my own bag because we both know how quickly it'll be gone-

Yes it does look complicated and I'm impressed.

P.S. Tripod Lily said to say hi.

Anonymous said...

I am still 100% Cadbury mini-egg free.

I do not know if I am proud or delirious.

You could try washing that yarn. It also might be that your skin is softer than it was when you were in France...but go to the reader boards on any of the yarn websites and I'll bet you get some suggestions.

(I also have one million patterns and skeins...I could send you something for your next project...)