Thursday, March 08, 2007

past pride

For my post today I present

My First Fair Isle Project

It's knitting with two colors at the same time! Isn't it something? Or other? It didn't fit anyone. It was too slim and too tall. A little like me. I used some yarn I had purchased for a different project to practice this technique so I could later make a similar hat for Bannie, which I did. At that one was a little too big. So much for my practicing. Later, I unraveled this hat and remade it with a new pattern to (almost) fit my sister's head. Of course, as soon as I put it in the mail I remembered that I'd wanted to take a picture of it. Hopefully she'll soon send me a picture of her wearing it that I can post.

2 comments:

Goodbye Blue Monday said...

Jesus god it's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It was sooooo pretty in person. I think that you should title your projects from now on. That way you can start to compile pieces for a future manly knitting book.