Thursday, January 11, 2007

beauty is in the eye of the camera phone

I often worry about the need to stay immaculately beautiful. I know this is silly since I am not immaculately beautiful and really, worrying about it only makes me dreadfully self-conscious.

So.

A little smarmy and I could use a haircut but all in all okay, right?



But look at what happens when I let that worry go:



Yikes. Closet Monster. HL said it looks like I'm wearing a fat suit...on my head apparently. As much as I like letting this guy out, which one would you be inviting to dinner? I thought so.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, these are obviously before and after pictures.

Before guy was invited to dinner and turned into after guy...after some margaritas. (Although I happen to know that even before guy is actually kicking someone under the table and that's why we can't see his feet.)

ipj said...

Yeah.

(Though neither of those pictures were alcohol induced.)

Anonymous said...

you have to wait to spring the 2nd version of yourself on people, i've discovered

Heather Appel said...

This made me laugh.

But I have to ask, did you get the word "smarmy" from a certain set of sisters from Denver? Or is it more common than I thought?

pants said...

Um, hello?! You are immaculately beautiful. And the second photo looks like you've been kidnapped and drugged and are kind of coming off the drugs but want your captors to think you're still all messed up so that you can plan your escape while they're taking weird photos to use in their ransom notes. That look is intentional.

Pregnant In Texas said...

I just love getting to see the 'real' ipj! Please post more pictures....

laurenj said...

I like the second one. He looks like he would have more fun if I invited him over to dinner.

Goodbye Blue Monday said...

Beautiful SHMOOTIFUL.