Tuesday, January 16, 2007

who the?

Wow. An email just came into the office offering the artistic director free tickets to this play. All over the website it says Even Though It's A Play, It Doesn't Suck. Thank god! There are so many things wrong with this website and by extension, the play. Poor grammar is one thing. If you can't even construct a well-written sentence on your advertisements why should I trust your play writing skills?

Here's an example:

...an outrageous new comedy told in five outrageously funny Stop right there! This play is just too outrageous for me to handle.

Here's another, which also exhibits the play's great material:

Rebecca and Sarah seem to have found the men of their dreams. But what happens when they find out that they are the subject of some really raunchy and offensive sexual fantasies? Find out as they probe deep into the male mind...as if there is that far to go.

Raunchy and offensive? Those sound like great buzz words to me! Aren't you just itching to buy a ticket? The other problem is that our theater doesn't even have an artistic director, which is clear if you look at the staff listing, which is available for anyone to look at online. Also, this play is not at all appropriate for the theater where I work. Not at all. So I don't know why the "writer/director/producer" sent it to our office nor how he got our email address without ever noticing the kind of work we do.

What kind of idiocy did you encounter today?

1 comment:

Pregnant In Texas said...

The kind of idiocy that makes me want to say to you: Less talk and more pictures!!

Seriously, I want to see more of IPJ, and not in a nudie-bar kind of way (I just like to rhyme like that, sometimes I even jam old-school style).