Thursday, February 08, 2007

I've taken a short tech job this week. After the first day I realized why I had decided that I didn't want to do any more tech stuff. I don't like working for people who create art that I don't respect. This piece includes a lot of eggshells selectively placed around the stage forming a circle. It's ridiculous. I watched the last 10 minutes of the piece and wanted to scream. And just today I saw that the choreographer has a full page write up in Time Out, right at the first page of the dance section. Shows how much I know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally explains why the choreographer didn't come out to help you clean up those eggshells, even though you're not being paid the minimum...

...and it's really too bad, because the image of those eggshells sounds really cool in a Maurice Sendak way.

Goodbye Blue Monday said...

I concur with Ida - I saw a picture with those eggshells and was tempted to see this show. Thanks for the warning; sorry you're roped in now.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps, as you picked up the eggshells, you should have taken a sharpie to them and written some cleaver but trite 4 letter words. Let's see who notices those eggshells now! At least you would have been able to express your discontent about not being paid the crew minimum in an artistic way.