Tuesday, February 13, 2007

repeatedly

I've done it again. I've been emailing, pretty frequently, with a guy on friend*ster, also with the name i. Things seemed to be going well, he was funny, I was funny (I think). Then he suggested a meeting. Apparently that's where I screwed up because his emails have stopped. It could be because I let my true feelings about his suggestion be known and I didn't offer an alternate suggestion or it could be that, as MNS pointed out, "you're making yourself sound crazier than you really are." That's what happened last time I spoke with someone online. It's kind of a relief. I know I bemoan the fact that I'm alone but I also don't want to do any of the work required in a beginning relationship. I basically want to date someone I can assimilate into my already set life. Of course, what's the fun in that? None, and that's the point. I'm not looking for fun.

This morning when I got up there was a note left for me on the kitchen counter. It was written by my roommate Horsey and let me know that the pipes in our kitchen sink are leaking (again) and could I knock on the super's door and take care of it because she's going to be gone all day every day. Apparently our sink has been leaking for about 3-4 days. I looked under the sink and sure enough, there was a bucket with water in it. Did either of my roommates tell me this? Nope. My other roommate left this morning to go to Florida for about 3 days. I really kind of feel that since he takes up the most space (in the fridge, freezer, cupboards, bathroom or any other room he's in), has lived there for 10 years and I'm really just renting a room, it should be his responsibility to take care of things like this. Plus, last time when our kitchen sink pipe actually broke I was the one the super yelled at for filling it with food. So I turned the note over and wrote that I had woken up late and just saw the note as I was heading out the door, Horsey will have to talk to the super when she gets home. At least I'm consistently passive-aggressive but not enough to push me into that crazy roommate category (I hope). Although I am prepared to go to a movie tonight specifically to get home after Horsey.

1 comment:

laurenj said...

Going to a movie to avoid getting home first? No, that's not passive aggresive. But it is scheming. I used to make up the craziest things to avoid talking to the landlords, but ZPJ sees through all of them now, so I am forced to just admit "I don't like them and I don't like talking to them" and it only gets me out of it about half the time.