Tuesday, February 27, 2007

lactoserific

I wanted bagels and cream cheese for lunch but since I also wanted a few other items I didn't go to a bakery, I went to a grocery store. When I arrived at 3:30PM the bagel selection was slim and poor, just a few flat unappetizing pieces of bread, but I had already made up my mind. To balance the fact that I was buying crappy bagels I also bought a crappy custard doughnut. Makes sense, right? On a whim I decided to treat myself and also bought some brie and wheat crackers. Now back at the office I just ate one bagel slathered with cream cheese, the doughnut and am about to dig into the brie. It's a very cheesy lunch. One that I at first thought would be healthyish but is quickly turning out to be stomach churning. I bought some V8 too, they say that counts as like, 3 servings of vegetables. Salty, salty vegetables.

I don't know why I have the tendency to avoid people, even people I like. I was walking over to the office building a few days ago and right before I got to the door I noticed a coworker about 15 feet away. I actually like this guy, he's nice and I enjoy talking to him but instead of waiting to say hello I put on a concerned face and walked into the building. We hadn't made eye contact so I wasn't being pointedly rude but as I was being stupid. I think I sometimes inadvertently revert to my junior high days where I made a point of seeming intensely occupied with my thoughts thereby discouraging any conversation. When I do that now though, I'm usually just daydreaming about winning the lottery.

No comments: